2 Of Our Chocolate Recipes You Can’t Resist
Chocolate is addictive, but who would want it any other way. Here are two of our favorite chocolate recipes you just have to try.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
My family loves banana bread, but with the addition of a little chocolate, it goes from love to absolute lust. If you have a few over ripe bananas around the house, it is time to make some chocolate goodness.
You will need the following ingredients:
1 stick of butter or margarine.
1 cup of brown or white sugar. (We prefer brown sugar.)
3 ripe bananas
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups of white flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 pinch of salt
1 cup of chocolate chips
You will need to mash the bananas until smooth. Melt your butter in the microwave then stir it into your bananas. Beat your egg then mix it in. Add your vanilla, salt, baking soda, and sugar. Make sure you mix thoroughly with a fork or electric mixer. Now it is time to mix in the flour. Once the flour is completely folded in, add your chocolate chips and mix until their are evenly mixed into the batter.
Heat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease your bread pan with a little margarine, and then you can put the batter into the pan. You will need to bake the banana bread for about 45 minutes to one hour. You can check to make sure it is done with a toothpick. Let it cool for about 1 hour, then remove from the pan, slice, and enjoy the chocolate flavor.
Our second choice is pure chocolate heaven.
Easy Chocolate Fudge – Our Chocolate Recipe for Special Occasions
This recipe is super easy and can even be made by older children, with supervision.
Here is what you will need:
2 Cups of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 Cup of Dark Chocolate Chips
1/4 Cup of Butter or Margarine
1 – 14 ounce can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 Cup of Chopped Walnuts
This is where things get simple. All you need to do is put all of the ingredients, except the nuts, in a large microwave bowl. Start the microwave on high and wait until the chocolate chips melt. Remove the bowl, stir until all of the ingredients are well mixed. Then add your chopped walnuts to the bowl and stir until they are blended in. Grease a 8″ square pan with margarine or butter. Put the mixture in the pan. Refrigerate for one hour.
These two chocolate recipes will make your family happy. We regularly take these recipes to family gatherings, carry-in dinners at Church, and other events. We have never brought a crumb home.
You can also start your own home baking business with these recipes. To make the production faster you can use a chocolate & cookie equipment. it will not only speed up the process but the baked goods will be consistent in terms of quality.
A quick not on the fudge recipe. We like our fudge to taste a little richer than many people. The original recipe from Grandma used all semi-sweet chocolate chips, but we like it better with some dark chocolate. The nuts are optional, if you happen to be allergic to nuts, or just don’t like them.
Give these two recipes a try. We are sure you will love them just as much as our family.
- 2 cups (12 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips divided
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray pan with vegetable pan spray. Melt 1 cup chocolate chips and butter together either in microwave oven or on top of range over low heat. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Pour into electric mixer bowl. Add sugar; beat until well blended. Beat in eggs, one at time. Add vanilla. Stir in 1/2 cup flour, baking soda and salt; mix well. Add remaining flour and water; mix until smooth. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 40-45 minutes or until cake tests done. Place pan on cooling rack. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup chocolate chips over cake; let stand 2-3 minutes or until chips have softened. Gently spread melted chocolate over top of cake. Cool completely in pan before covering.