½ cup salted butter, melted
1 cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup unsalted walnuts, chopped (substitute with graham cracker crumbs for nut allergies)
FOR FILLING & JELLO:
1 package (3 oz.) lemon flavored gelatin/jello
1 cup boiling water
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese softened
1 cup of sugar
12 oz. Cool Whip (8 oz. container of Cool Whip can be substituted)
1 package (6 oz.) cherry flavored jello (any flavor may be used, I also love lime)
2 cups of boiling water
|1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together butter, flour, brown sugar and nuts in a stand mixer. Press into a 13 X 9 inch pan; Bake for 15 minutes. Let this cool completely.|
2. Mix the lemon-flavored gelatin with 1 cup of boiling water. Set aside to cool.
3. Mix together cream cheese, sugar and Cool Whip; add cooled lemon gelatin mixture to the cream cheese mix. Pour this over the crust; refrigerate for 1 hour. NOTE: The cream cheese filling will be light and soft. It will not be as firm as you might expect it to be.
4. Combine cherry gelatin (or your gelatin flavor of choice) and 2 cups of boiling water; cool.
5. Gently spoon the jello over the cold cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate until cherry gelatin is firm (overnight or up to 4 hours).
6. Slice jello cheesecake into generous squares and serve!